8. Relax your legs with a self-massage
The goal of this exercise is to stretch the fascia lata which is a tightening muscle. The side of the leg is worked, an area that tends to be overloaded and often receives little attention.
The most effective is to give yourself a self-massage on a roller or foam roller. An alternative is a long float used in swimming pools.
- Lie on the floor on your side.
- Using your forearm closest to the ground, which rests at a right angle to your body (shoulder to wrist), raise your trunk and hips.
- Place the roller under your hip and let the weight of your legs fall on it.
- Roll on the roller as if massaging yourself.